New start dates are now available for the Skills for Health Level 3 and Level 5 leadership and management programmes. Each programme is accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) and leads to an internationally recognised qualification.
Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management
The Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management is a three-day interactive programme that equips leaders of front-line services with the confidence, leadership and management skills they need to help their staff provide high quality care.
The course is designed to help delegates gain the skills and knowledge needed to develop into a team leader that engages with staff, gains respect, focuses on quality and creates a high-performing culture within their teams.
The next Level 3 course starts on 30 April 2015 at the National Skills Academy for Health’s offices in London. Day two of the three-day programme takes place on 28 May 2015 and day three on 25 June 2015.
Key aims and outcomes:
- Explore the importance of professional development and how to support it
- Review the purpose and role of a manager in your organisation
- Learn how and when to use a range of management models
- Discover how to identify, and when to use, a range of communication approaches and styles
- Identify key approaches to developing team and individual performance
- Examine why organisational change occurs and the effect this can have
- Develop action plans to enhance your own management skills
Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management
The Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management is a four-day interactive exploration and reflection of some of the areas identified as key to providing effective leadership in the health and care sectors today.
The programme’s practical approach will help delegates make real and sustained improvements in their leadership and management practice – and within their organisation.
The next Level 5 programme starts on 26 March 2015 in London. Day two of the four-day course takes place on 16 April 2015, day three on 14 May 2015 and day four on 11 June 2015.
The course is designed for leaders and managers at all levels who have achieved a Level 3 management qualification – or have equivalent experience.
Key aims and outcomes:
- Explore a selection of leadership and management approaches and styles
- Explore how culture and values can influence leadership in your organisation
- Identify the impact that different leadership approaches can have on culture
- Identify the key change drivers in your organisation
- Plan and implement change in your organisation
- Examine your own and others’ values and motivations
- Reflect on your own leadership capability and develop plans to enhance this
Sharing skills, knowledge and expertise
The Academy's programme of workshops and accredited courses is designed to help healthcare employers across the UK improve the capability, efficiency and capacity of their workforce.
Led by health and social care management and leadership experts, our sector-leading training programmes provide participants with practical tools to enable them to make positive, lasting changes in their day-to-day work.
Visit Skills for Health learning and development programmes page for more information.